Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Today's Recipe: Carrot Cabbage Tai Inspired Soup

This recipe is an adaptation of a braised cabbage recipe from the Joy of Cooking.  I shredded one whole cabbage in a food processor and also a bag of carrots.  The original recipe called for chicken stock but we had Tai Coconut Chicken Stock from the grocery store in the refidgerator.  After some consideration I decided this was the way to go. I boiled the carrots in a bout 2 1/2 cups of the Tai Chicken Broth and 3-4 tablespoons of butter.  After about 7 minutes, I added the shredded cabbage on top.  I found I had to add a little more broth.  Then I covered this and let it simmer for about 8 minutes.  The result is a very yummy vegetable dish that the kids  love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.