About this picture, we had last weeks wilted kale in the refrigerator. I still haven't decided what I wanted to do with it, but it depressed me to see it in such a sorry state. I cut off the bottoms of the stems and plunged it in a glass of water. At the end of the day I had a beautiful re hydrated kale bouquet. If I don't cook it, it at minimum makes a refreshing decoration in my kitchen. I'll probably steam it tomorrow night or make Kale chips for the kids.
For breakfast the kids had this weeks strawberries in their oatmeal. Also for breakfast we had banana/strawberry shakes (with Rice Dream) . At lunch time, Lillian requested apples slices with frosting (very good and unhealthy). Miriam had cut up apples with honey and cinnamon. I hadn't cooked the artichokes yet so I boiled them for about 20 minutes in a stock pot with water, apple cider vinegar and salt (Joy of Cooking suggestion). The kids weren't responding to the artichokes so I ate everything edible myself for lunch.
For dinner I pressure cooked the sweet potatoes and blended them with apple juice, some margarine and a little brown sugar.
I also made a salad using the baby lettuce, avocados, tomatoes, onions, and tomatoes. For the dressing I used the French dressing in the Joy of Cooking (lemon juice, garlic (from a few weeks ago), salt, olive oil, and Dijon mustard.
I forgot to mention that we had breaded and fried Tilapia partially using our eggs from the share.
That's it!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.