Monday, May 24, 2010

Collards

 
Posted by Picasa

Its the little things that make you proud. Today I was proud of both Lilian and myself. My accomplishment? Lillian asked for seconds of my collard greens, and then snuck some extras in her mouth. The main ingredient? Collard Greens right? No, PRESSURE COOKER. Pressure cookers are fast and make it easy to fuse flavors together. I filled the cooker with a carton of Herb Wine Chicken Broth (Vegans, don't worry, you know what broth to use) a can of organic chopped tomatoes, onion poweder ( ran out of onions), salt, pepper, olive oil, and pressed garlic. I probably only cooked all of this at the most 10 minutes after achieving pressure.

In other news, without going into detail, I turned my Dill from this weeks share into a delicious Dill-Tahini Sauce from the Veganomicon (only reason I'm not repeating it here, other than copyright issues is my kids are asking for my attention, I highly recommend the book, http://www.theppk.com/nomicon.html .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.